Hi

According to the instructions for the KX-1 Power
Output Mod, bundled with the KXB3080 Module, the power
mod is only to be used if the output of the KX-1 is
low.  They are talking about 3W or less with a 14 volt
supply.  My output with 12.6 volts is 4W, so I did not
do the mod.  I suppose if you did the mod with a
normally functioning amplifier chain you might run the
risk of overheating the PA.

Dave WA6YSO