Rob

The David Clark aircraft headset or any mike for aircraft use are designed to work the same as carbon mikes. The pin out is sleeve ground, Ring mike audio, and Tip key. They use the carbon mike bias to power an internal amplifier. the output is way to high for use with a ham rig of any kind.

Ex aircraft electronic systems engineer.

Roger Steyaert, K7RXV

Don Wilhelm wrote:
Rob,

If you can tell us what the functions of 3 wires are, then we should be able
to tell you how to connect it.
Pure speculation tells me that one is AF, another is ground and the third
may be either the voltage feed to the electret element or it may be the
audio to the headphone section, or it could be a PTT wire - but that is
strictly a guess based on my assumption of whatever might be included in the
set of 3.  In other words, a SWAG.

If the element is truly an electret type, it will likely work with the K2
just fine.

73,
Don W3FPR