I have created a small modification to the AGC circuit of the Elecraft K2. It alters the AGC onset point of the MC 1350 IF Amplifier (U12), which results in more gain at the IF stage, and subsequently more audio output. The mod involves replacing RP 6 and R1 with a series of three commonly-available potentiometers and adjusting the pots so that the RF Gain control swings the AGC line voltage through new values.

I've authored a short 3-page article that describes the modification. I'll send it to anyone who replies directly to me at [EMAIL PROTECTED] There is NO parts kit, so please don't ask. If there is enough interest, I'll submit it to Eric or Wayne at Elecraft to see if they want to post it on the website.

THE USUAL DISCLAIMER APPLIES: This is NOT an authorized Elecraft modification and you implement it at your own risk. It worked for me, but may not for you.

Regards

Dave White
VE6DRW
[EMAIL PROTECTED]