thanks no N0SS, i have finally narrowed down where my problems on my k1 are..

in signal tracing, i actually heard TONS of signals through my radio.. i have a feeling that it has been broken since day 1... i can't WAIT to get this fixed and on the air.. i have never heard so many signals on my radio.. WOW!

anyway..

here's where i am now..

test point 1 - T1.. CHECK!

test point 2 - D5... CHECK!

test point 3 - J2-1 ... P2-1 BAD BAD BAD!!

okay...

so i found that on the front side of D5, i got a signal.. on the back site.. BOOOO!!! no signal..

the first thing i did was replace D5 and D14.. of course, i should have read N0SS's full document first.. but .. well, you know..

so i replaced the diodes, and got the same results..

so then, i checked to see if there was 6V on the anode of D5.. NO DEAL..

out of curiosity, i checked D14, too.. and there was nowhere near 6V here, either..

then, i did all the voltage checks at the test points on the manual, and everything was good..

i then checked the 8V and 6V voltage regulators according to the manual.. and they checked out fine..

does anyone have any hints?

i have a feeling this is gonna be like a new radio!

thanks!

72 de kb8qpt

--
___