Thank you all for the help so far. I just completed the (K1) receiver and the receiver alignment. Everything is perfect. I was just a couple of KHz off before calibration on each band. Signals are jumping out of the receiver on 40 and 30 meters. The 20 meter band is in fair to poor shape, but the K1 is receiving fine. 15 is dead. The concern about the thin CLEAR plastic covering in the backlight kit was unfounded. I removed the clear covering as per the confusing instructions and was told that this covering was part of the light diffusion system and the backlighting would be "unbalanced". The backlighting is perfect. The receiver draws 65.5 ma.with the backlighting. On to the transmitter. The K1 is a pleasure and fun to build

73, Jozef
WB2MUC