Ouch!
Thanks all, I am suitably chastened :-)
In my defence, I believe the basis of my advice (tune the aerial in the first instance) remains sound.

Trev G3ZYY

In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Don Wilhelm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes
I agree with Kieth wholeheartedly.  SWR on the feedline does NOT cause
feedline radiation - ever.

The thing that causes feedline radiation is common mode currents - most
commonly observed as current flowing on the outside of a coax line.
Properly placed current baluns can eliminate common mode current, but should
not change the SWR,

73,
Don W3FPR