Darrell Bellerive wrote:

For those of you following the saga of my AGC obsession, here's the latest.

I installed Dave's mod ....

Darrel,

Thanks for your careful observations on this AGC range modification. (And thank you to Dave, as well, for doing the original work.)

Whenever a modification is proposed, a lot of K2 owners call or write to us asking if they should make the mod, and whether it will be incorporated into the design. So, to head off potential confusion, I'll offer my two cents.

My opinion is that this mod would only be recommended for those who frequently turn AGC off, use the RF GAIN control a lot, *and* wish to fine-tune AGC behavior under these circumstances. From previous surveys, we've found that 95% of the time, RF GAIN is left at maximum, and AGC is left ON. So, for most K2 owners, the existing circuit is a good compromise between functionality and complexity. We would be very unlikely to incorporate this change or offer a mod kit.

That said, I'd encourage you (and/or Dave) to write up the modification in enough detail to be easily duplicated. We'll be happy to add it to our K2 modifications page.

73,
Wayne
N6KR