> It wouldn't seem to provide much advantage.  The bandwidth of the
four-pole crystal IF filter may be adjusted in three steps from about 200 to
850 kHz.  The selectivity as designed is outstanding.

> Mike / KK5F
> K1 #175 since 11/2000

 I usually use an outboard audio filter when operating at home.  I agree
that it is not needed for selectivity  but it makes the sidetone sound like
my K2 and I enjoy a clean CW note.  I think one problem with a simple low
pass filter is that the K1 has a wide range of possible sidetone pitch and a
cutoff frequency that would help someone who uses a low pitch as I do would
not pass a high one.  Thus, filters would need to be adjustable or custom
designed for the desired pitch.
Rick Dettinger
K7MW