Ran my K2 barefoot on SSB and CW for about a year before getting around to building the KPA100 amplifier, was having too much fun jousting with the big boys over 'Outside of Europe' DX on 40m. K2 earned its keep on SSB and the old story is true, it's the antenna's performance that counts.

73,
Geoff
GM4ESD

Fred N3CSY wrote:

Thinking about building my 2nd K2.  First # 54xx,
was a very sucessful build.

Does anyone have thoughts on how well the K2,
operates, by itself, as a SSB HF rig?  It would
seem 15W is kind of pushing it for a suitable
signal - but just wondered if any successful
K2 SSB ops are around.

And I've always had this belief that 15W is not
enough to drive many or any amps?

Thanks,
Fred, N3CSY