Hi All,

I was extremely fortunate when I became one of the design team for the HP
3585A/B back in 1974.  The spectrum analyzer has a typical dynamic range (MDS
at ARRL) of 100 dBm on screen.

The HP 3585B also has a tracking generator!  You can sweep the filters and
other circuits and their frequency response.  The frequency coverage is 20 Hz
to 40MHz.  That's not really much of an upper frequency limitation for Amateur
Radio, HF (K1,K2,etc)

I left HP 11 years ago due to ill health.  But production folks built a fully
functional unit with mostly cosmetic scars.   HP/Agilent stopped production (I
think) in year 2000.

It is NOT difficulty to operate and look at frequency and adjust filters. For
the hard-core measurement addict like me, the instrument is a dream.  Go to
Google

and search HP 3585B and you  can see and read the data and facts.

Let me emphasize I no longer work for HP/Agilent, and will receive nothing now
or in the future for writing this.   HP/Agilent claims no responsibility for
the instrument

If you can find one at a reasonable price, I urge you to buy it.  They still
are a little spendy......

Good luck es vy 73,

Bill
NA7Y