Err, did you mean 3 amp instead of 3 watt? 1 amp at 12v = 12 watts, of course. I have found the MFJ-4103 (2.89 A) to be a suitable supply for my K2 (except that the output isn't quite high enough to maintain battery charge with the KBT2 installed) and it should be a good choice for the K1 also. It's a quiet lightweight switcher which will work on both 120 and 240 volt systems.

73 - Bob, N7XY