I'm very happy with the stock K2 filters.

My prior rig was an Omni V and I had the pleasure of trying both the
TenTec 250 and 500 Hz CW filters and the Inrad 400 Hz filter in the same
rig at the same time.  I did a lot of A/B switching between the Inrad
and each of the TT filters.  What I found was interesting.

Inrad filter had steeper skirts and a narrower passband than the 500 Hz
TT.  It had steeper skirts than the 250 Hz TT filter as well.  What it
did NOT have was ultimate rejection.  As I tuned through a strong
signal, it would drop right off but then, maybe 1 KHz away, you'd hear
it return at a low level, as it leaked around that nice Inrad filter.

With the TT filters, the signal would drop as you tune away from it
(though not as fast as the Inrad) and once it was gone, would not be
heard again.

I sold the Inrad and kept the TT filters.  Then I got a K2 and sold the
Omni V.

The K2's filter performance is great.  Tune off a signal and it fades,
then disappears and stays gone.

- Keith N1AS -
- K2 5411.ssb.100 -