My recently completed KX1 seems to perhaps have an issue with the RF gain.
That is, it seems to have virtually no effect.  If I did not know that the FR
gain pot was being adjusted, I would not detect the change.  As it is, I can
barely detect the difference when I twist it to opposite extremes.  What could
be the cause of this?  Also, when I turn the tuning dial, I can *hear* each
*click* through the headphones, almost as if there's a short somewhere.  I do
not remember any of this during earlier testing stages, but I'm noticing it
now.  And I do hear signals, so the receiver seems to be operating fine.  Any
ideas?

Thanks,
73 de K6BQ