>>Any ideas on keeping the paddle screw tight?<<

>>Mine seems to work loose easily, Locktite or similar<<
>>would work but I want to remove it.<<

The paddle on the KX-1 works loose because the thumbscrew strikes the edge of
the circuit board before the paddle body is pulled up tight against the
transceiver...There are 2 ways to fix it: (1) grind or file the end of the
screw a mite, shortening it so that it does not strike the board, or, (2) make
up a heavy paper or felt gasket and glue it to the paddle body where it comes
up against the KX-1 case...This will move the paddle body outward a bit,
keeping the screw from striking the circuit board...I prefer the gasket because
grinding the screw might damage the threads making the screw hard to
"start"...Beveling the end of the screw after cutting it might help...

Jerry, wa2dkg