John,

I really don't know why that 'notify us ...' statement is still in the KDSP2 manual I believe it should have been removed after a short time of experience with the KDSP2. Perhaps Lyle Johnson can shed some light on it

An intermittent of any nature is usually caused by a bad solder connection. How hot was your soldering iron when you did the soldering? If it was less than 700 degrees F, you may not have heated the solder pads sufficiently and you have a bad solder connection but don't know it. Turn your soldering station up to 750 degrees F and reflow the board adding a bit of extra flux if any connections look suspicious. If you do not know what to look for when evaluating the soldering, look at the soldering document in the Builder's Resource page of the Elecraft website - there are several illustrations that may be helpful.

73,
Don W3FPR

John Moore wrote:
Sirs, I hope one of you can help. I have assembled the KDSP2 and have been using it for 2 mos. Occasionally I'd have to "restart" my K2 when it couldn't find the DSP (lost synchronization) to re-establish proper function. I now can no longer get the K2 to syn with the KDSP2. I have done what Elecraft has recommended, specifically, gone over assembly, checked for seated ICs, resoldered every connection, and still no diff. The DSP filters come on but no access to adjust them and on cw the freq is way too high rendering it useless. Why does the manual say "let us know if this happens frequently"? tnx, I enjoy reading the reflector daily. 73 John N0GBR