The plastic versions which have a small blade poking out at one end and recessed at the other are also useful for tweaking circuits working at HF and low - mid VHF, ceramic better for higher frequencies such as 900 MHz that you mention. The recessed blade makes getting proper alignment dead easy and prevents the blade slipping off while tweaking.

73,
Geoff
GM4ESD

Ron D'Eau Claire wrote:

That's a FB find RC. Thanks. I have a set of ceramic screwdriver alignment
tools I got from E.F. Johnson back in the 1980's for aligning their 900 MHz
repeater transmitters used in land mobile service. They tools are great but
brittle, as you might expect from ceramic. Almost all of my blades are now
missing a corner from failing to get them aligned exactly with a screw that
was required a bit too much torque.

It is true that when the trimmer caps are properly installed in most
circuits in Elecraft rigs, a metal screwdriver will not alter the tuning.
The orientation is such that the screw is at d-c and signal ground.

However, even when the use of a metal screwdriver doesn't change the
adjustment, it's nice to poke at a live circuit with a non-metallic tool
that can't short or cause other issues! And the ceramic tools are invaluable
when even the screw adjustment isn't at ground potential.

Ron AC7AC