Hello there from VK,

I am investigating severe loss of TX power on my K2.
With 5W set, I get almost no power, the RF detector input measured with the RF probe/DMM shows 0.009V.
however, the display reads approx. 5W out.
The reading on pin 2 of U8 on control board is 0.55V.

This would suggest to me that U8 is trying to deliver maximum power,
which is what it ought to do if only 0.009V is seen at the detector.
All detector components seem to be OK.

What I don't understand is how the LCD is reading 5W on transmit.

Other TX RF measurements (with SSB board still installed, rig set on CW mode)
Q6 base = 0.021V
Q6 collector = 0.88V
Q7 base = 0.089V
Q8 base = 0.108V
(would have expected Q7 & 8 to be the same)
Receive and menu functions all appear normal.

Any ideas welcome, or advice as to where to look next.

Chris  K23666

Chris Meagher
VK2LCD
PO Box 61