Ken,

It is true that the headphone jack can be damaged by the torque imparted by the weight of an adapter plugged directly into the headphone jack.

The easiest solution is to build an adapter cable - a miniature phone plug at one end and a 1/4 inch in-line phone jack at the other end. The heavy weight of the 1/4 inch phone plug can then rest on the table and there is not excessive torque on the headphone jack.

If you need an 'already assembled' variety, purchase a headphone extension cable (one having miniature plugs and jacks) and use the adapter plug at the end of the extension cable.

73,
Don W3FPR

Ken wrote:
I am now on my second headphone jack they dont seem to support the wieght of a
plug and adaptor
I read somewhere of a mod for replacing the normal jack but I can,t find it
now. Can anyone help?
Ken M0BPC