Jim,

That is correct - and you can confirm from the schematic if you like. The receive antenna is connected on the same side of the T-R switch as the PA transistor output. (the receive antenna is injected at the same place the W1 jumper is placed in a K2 without the K160RX option.)

The receive antenna does not travel through the Low Pass Filter as the normal antenna connection does, but then a low pass filter is not needed on receive anyway, the bandpass filter provides all the per band selectivity needed.

73,
Don W3FPR

Jim Miller wrote:
My K2 is working fine and I'm still learning about its capabilities. I bought and installed the 160M option not realizing it's full potential.

If I understand correctly the receive antenna port which it provides is protected during transmit (QSK) just as the ANT1/2 ports.

Is that correct?

If so it would make a great tool to test out the loop antenna I'm building as receive only before I'm ready to transmit through it.

73

jim ab3cv