Nick:

Got my K2 on the air on CW and SSB and many thanks to those who have helped me.

I now need to get the frequency reading accurately - cannot hear WWV here (today at least) so would appreciate advice on simple means of adjusting C22 accurately. Currently the K" reads 0.28 KHz high compared to my FT2000. Second point - just installed NB - I seem to have more noise with the preamp than previously even when off. Does this observation ring any bells or is it my paranoid imagination?

Thanks again - esp to Elecraft who got a noise generator kit to me in 6 days over the Easter break - pretty good for Ca to UK. Helped a lot with filter adjustments.

If your TS-2000 is capable of generating RF output at 10.000MHz, you now have your own BUILT-IN WWV!!! Turn the POWER on the TS-2000 to ZERO or as far down as it can go. Set the TS-2000 to TX (AM mode if available) on 10.000.00 MHz. Transmit into a dummyload, and you're good to go! Follow the docs for aligning to WWV at 10MHz.

If that doesn't work, but IF the TS-2000 offers a 100kHz (or 1MHz) xtal cal. use it as a sign gen, with a short 'sense' antenna connected to the K2 and capacitively coupled to the TS-2000's ANT jack (should be enough for the K2 to hear the xtal calib. Still a source of accurate 10MHz signal.

Cheers,

Tom Hammond    N0SS