Mike,

I briefly had my hands on a TenTec 705 microphone. It had a battery in the base which causes me to believe that the electret element is powered from the battery.

In any case, a review of the schematic should reveal how the various connections (AF, PTT, 5v, ground, etc) are routed to which color wire.
I did not find a schematic at the TenTec website.

Wire the 8 pin plug to any configuration that you want. If you have other mics in the shack, make them all the same, but if this is your only mic, then I recommend the Elecraft wiring configuration with Icom and Kenwood as secondary choices.

The KSB2 manual covers all the common mic plug wiring schemes. I have not seen additional information published.

BTW, that TenTec 705 was a great sounding mic.

73,
Don W3FPR

Mike Geddes wrote:
Greetings Elecrafters. I have ordered a TenTec Model 1201 microphone kit for SSB use with my K2. It is an electret mike, and is their kit version of the 705 desk mike. I liked the looks of it and understand these mikes work pretty well with the K2. My questions: Does it connect to P1 using the ICOM configuration? Does it require the resistor?

Also, is there a location on the Elecraft web site that shows microphone connection configurations beyond those listed in the KSB2 manual? The manual kind of alluded to that, but I could not find anything on the web site.

As usual, thanks for any information and assistance you can provide.

73,
Mike
N4JX

K1/4  2319 on the air