I don't know the difference for the K2 version, but I use the ProSet Plus with adapter for Kenwood microphone as my K2 is wired for Kenwood type configuration. I've used it for ARRL FD contest as the SSB station at our FD site during the last two years and we've done quite well. I've used it at home for ARRL November Sweepstakes two years ago and did well but last year I had a terrible cold so didn't do so well. I used it last year for the PA QSO Party and got 1st place for Lehigh County overall (I think the 2x multiplier helped me beat out the 100W & 1KW stations that didn't get the 2x multiplier, HI HI). All examples above are for QRP only. I generally use CW otherwise but when I have had ragchews it works well. It is a very comfortable heaset and I like the ability to switch the phase which I do several times during a contest which seems to reduce the amount of fatigue compared to using my hi-fi stereo headphones. I did change R14 from 1k to 10k on the SSB board to get a bit more gain but otherwise used the headset and K2 as is. I would recommend it to K2 users as well as users of other radios from a performance and comfort standpoint.
Mark, NK8Q

Mike Geddes wrote:

Wondering how many of you are using the ProSet-K2 boom headset sold on the Elecraft site? It is a nice microphone solution? Any of you have another preference for nice sounding microphone for your K2? Any opinions are welcome!

73,

Mike
N4JX