Hi,
Just picked up my first three Elecraft kits, the W1, W1SERKT, and the DL1. I finished the DL1 this past weekend and just completed the W1SERKT a few minutes ago after doing much of the work on the W1. I stopped working on the W1 when I got to winding the magnet wire on the binocular because I have a question.

For those of you who have built the W1, please offer some clarification for me.

Winding the binocular is just like winding a toroid, no? For example, when I make the first "loop" through one of the binocular holes I have actually put the wire through twice which should count as two of my ten times through the hole.

Just want to make sure I'm counting correctly as I don't want to built the kit twice.

Thanks!
-john W4PAH

P.S. Can't wait until the custom enclosure is finished up by W8FGU. Thanks also to AG4NN for passing along the PDF of his enclosure as well. Quite impressive.