Removing the freq counter cable had no effect. Repositioning the ribbon
cable did help some, but the noise is still there.  I tried positioning
the cable every way possible and found the most quite spot by routing it
back beneath the shield and then folding it sharply toward the front -
right above but not touching the crystals on KSB2.  I taped the cable
to the shield at this spot.  Without an antenna, the noise is still ~S2
(2 leds) on most bands. But with an antenna attached it disappears into
the band noise.  So I suppose it's not too big a deal. But I'd still
like to get rid of the noise completely. I never noticed it with the
KIO2. I also changed the polling frequency to 1 second. That makes the
noise more or less insignificant. But now I have to look at the rig's
S-meter instead of the virtual one on the monitor. :)

Anyways, the K2 is working *great*.  It a real joy to operate and the
receiver is simply fantastic. I'll be taking it on a DX vacation to
Bermuda the last week in July.  I'm looking forward to finding out what
it's like to "BE" DX. :)

73

-David W4SMT