Simon Brown (HB9DRV) wrote:
----- Original Message ----- From: "Thom LaCosta" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

There are some folks who simply prefer email lists over web-based forums.

I ended up having both a web based forum and a mailing list for the Drakelist....and while both are active communties, there are many on the email list who don't do the forum thing and vice versa.

FWIW I was losing the plot with only the mailing list. I still have the Yahoo! mailing list but the forums are where I provide support for my users, also there is a small key group of supporters which regularly help the bewildered.

With potential Elecraft forums you can subscribe so that you only get the K3 postings, myself I am not a K2 owner. You can create forums restricted to your beta testers (something I do a lot). Users can post and attach pictures or logfiles. In general forums become a great self-help facility.

I still use the Yahoo! forums for kit announcements just like Saturday morning's great K3 news.

Take a look - you do not need to register or part with any $ - http://forums.ham-radio.ch/ .

Simon Brown, HB9DRV

Congratulations Elecraft on the new rig. If the close in RX numbers are as good as I've been surmising, equal to or better than the TT Orion II, you will have a hot seller.

IMHO "Forums" like Simon's and others are they way to go.

If you have a K2 support question you post it in the K2 section of the forums, ditto KX1, K1, K3, KPA800, etc.... The computer enthusiast community, both hardware and software, have been using forums instead of mail lists for years.

--
R. Kevin Stover ACØH

K2/100 #4684

Reclaim Your Inbox!