Just placed my order for the K3, it will be some time before the HPSDR project produces a fully operational HF radio and I cant wait, I want the best now ! I love my K2 but it does have operational limitations and I can see the K3 will be so much easier to operate. One thing I dislike immensely about my K2 is the receive audio from the speaker, or even an external speaker. I use a Sansui HiFi amp to improve things here, will the K3 have better rx audio? I'm an SSB operator 99% of the time with digital modes sometimes, but the K2 is soo far behind my OmniVI opt 3 that I sometimes dread listening to it.
Hopefully this will be addressed in the K3 so I will take my chances !
Great product, great service and even though I'm a Pommie living in Australia the best radios still come from the good old US of A.
73
Keith

--
Keith Bainbridge
VK6XH & VK6DXR

Northern Corridor Radio Group    (  VK6ANC )
W.I.A.
TenTec Omni VI opt 3 / Elecraft K2/100 (S'no 4669 ) / Fairhaven RD500vx / FT
100D mobile.
5 Band Spiderbeam/ Cushcraft R5 Amsat NA 35338
Skype  " keithxh"
QSL Via Wireless Institute of Australia Bureau or direct, NO other way please.
Previous calls include G6HHV, G0HEI, G1GHZ, VK6BRK & VK6DXC.

You're just jealous 'cos the voices only speak to me.........and all too
frequently lately :(
http:/www.qrz.com/vk6xh