73, doug

   From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
   Date: Tue, 1 May 2007 09:43:08 -0400

   I did dxpeditions in the 80's and ALWAYS carried on my TS-830, remote vfo,
   keyer and paddle along with log books on the plane. YOU CAN'T DO THAT ANY
   MORE ! You have monkeys pawing through your stuff every time you get on the
   plane. If your radio will fit in a 2 oz. bottle it is ok :-) Oh, sure , you
   can CHECK THROUGH anything but a BOMB in the check in luggage but it is
   un-locked and it may or may NOT come out the other end ! Go to the homeland
   security sight, it's all there. I left my ATS-3 at home on my last trip to
   Hawaii a few weeks ago. I was on Lanai and it would have been pretty rare,
   but alas, not for me.

   Best bet, don't travel with a radio. PERIOD !!

   If you are traveling in the USA to some destination send the radio on ahead
   by UPS and it will be at your sisters place or your hotel HOPEFULLY if you
   make arrangements for them to accept it before hand.

   Sure , some guys will tell you " I didn't have any problem " but they were
   lucky.

   Walt K8CV Royal Oak, MI.