From: David Ferrington <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
For what its worth, I'm switching EVERY 12v cable/device I have to use APPs,
including completely replacing the molex style connector on my FT-857, which
has proven to be less than reliable after only 3 yrs.
My local club (Minnesota QRP club) has standardized on APP's for member rigs. This makes it simpler to mix power supplies from one member with a rig from another.

I sincerely hope that the amateur radio world settles on a standard power connector. Now if they would just standardize microphone and TNC connectors as well...

Cathy
N5WVR