-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of David Ferrington
Sent: Friday, May 04, 2007 1:53 PM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft] Re: Elecraft Digest, Vol 37, Issue 10

I could say, I take it you haven't tried VFH contesting?

No, I'm a relatively new ham (never had a CB in my life) and VHF contesters
in my club use a beep a lot.
It was an honest question/suggestion from perhaps a naïve op.
I've order a XV144 with my K3, because I want to run 2M too.

However, I still haven't figured out why so many of you long term hams throw
scorn etc on CB'ers (yes I;ve had some of the issues explained to me).

I took my foundation with a couple ex CB'ers who wanted to do more DX. If we
just turn them all away because they are/were CB'ers, we will be reducing
the Ham fraternity even more. I think we need all the members we can get.

However, I don't wish to be controversial or cause a=offence, so I'll leave
it at that.

On 4/5/07 18:30, "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> sent:

--
They are ill discoverers that think there is no land, when they can see
nothing but sea.