I'm hoping Elecraft will explain the use, benefit
and potential shortcoming of one's K3 - if they do
or do not order any or all of these filters.

More importantly, that the full specs are released. Factors such as group delay can be very important when judging a filter for a purpose.

Why so many filters - in very loose terms, to "protect" everything after filter and not let more reach the back end than necessary. You do not want the ADC overloading or the AGC reacting to signals which you can not hear.

I am glad that Elecraft is offering a large range of filters, which should allow one to tailor the radio to needs and budget. I am holding back on the filters until I know more. Which filters and how many really depends on your use of the radio. For some, 200Hz/250Hz filters will be very important (40m in EU especially during contests) and for others senseless overkill. I will likely end up with a whole collection of filters in my K3, and am very very curious about the variable bandwidth filters.

vy 73 de toby
--
DD5FZ, 4N6FZ (ex dj7mgq, dg5mgq, dd5fz)
K2 #885, K2/100 #3248