[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Would be nice to be able to change the sidetone/offset without having
to manually re-align the BFO frequencies. Sometimes a high tone sounds
good, sometimes low, depending on conditions.
That can already be done:

- programm TWO   IF filter settings with the exact same bandwidth
- programm BFO settings with a slight difference to match your taste

Spectral analysis programms like Spectran etc. can be of great help here to understand what is going on. I'm using two similar OP1 filter settings for weak SSB reception from my XV144 transverter. And you're right; sometimes the one provides better recognition than the other.

'73 Mark, PA5MW