Those of you who have the KX1 (or decided against purchasing it), what improvements, add-ons, fixes, etc. would you suggest for this little radio?

John, I wasn't happy with the compromise between having internal batteries or having a decent RF output. 6 internal AA cells provide *significantly* less than half the power the KX1 is capable of but I liked not having to carry an external battery pack, so I installed two rechargeable LiPo batteries in a 2nd bottom case that I ordered from Elecraft.

Now I have more than double the power out with no increase in weight, no decrease in operating time and I still have an integrated package.

Details & photo are here, but scroll down to the chart for a better idea of what these batteries accomplish:

http://www.ae5x.com/kx1.html

John Harper AE5X
http://www.ae5x.com