From: "John   [K7SVV]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "James austin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
CC: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K2 USB support with Timewave U232 ?
Date: Fri, 4 May 2007 20:58:53 -0700

Jim,
In today's mail I received a couple of the USB to Serial converters you
spoke of.  They look very interesting and I am anxious to get one of them
fired up in my K2 but I have a couple of questions that you will probably be
able to help me with since you successfully got yours going.

What did you do with the unused RS-232 control lines? The K2 only uses
RXD, TXD, and GND.  Did you jumper RTS to CTS as it is in the K2's serial
interface cable and did you tie the rest of them up or down or did you let
them float?

   You mentioned that you connected your converter to the header on the
front panel board. Would you describe what line you connected there and did
you connect RXD and TXD to the real of the K2's DB9 connector?

Is your converter bus powered from the USB interface and was your board
already wired that way?

    Thank you for your help. 73

John   [K7SVV]