Ed,

Did you press TUNE to set the K2 into the transmit condition (with CW TEST active of course)?

The current will only increase if you are in transmit, so you must press TUNE (with the power level set to greater than 10 watts).

73,
Don W3FPR

Edwin Lappi wrote:
Gents:

in building the KPA 100 I am at the Bias Current Adjustment postion of the
manual.I have a DMM in seies with my power supplu and the KPA100 as instructed
on page 49 of the manual. I made sure that the PA was on and set the K2 into
CW test using the VOX button sot that
the C was flashing. I then set the power to 0.1 and up to 119 and back to 0.1.
The curerent reading I got on my DMM was 530 to 540 MA. I then tried to set
the bias current toa target current but could get no change in readings on the
current by turning R6. So I am at an impass and stumped as to what to do next.
I feel certain that this bias current is too high and something is wrong on
the KPA100 board.
Would appreciate some suggestions as the what to check nect. Thanks is
advance
Ed, AE4EC