For those of you looking for an enclosure for your W1 wattmeter, let me recommend the units made by Dave Van Wallaghen, W8FGU. I received my enclosure earlier this week, and installed my W1 into it today. Everything fits perfectly, and it really completes the W1 and converts it from a workbench only instrument into a nice portable wattmeter for use in the field. Dave's workmanship is first class, especially considering that he is building these basically by hand! And, the clear lexan shows off your workmanship instead of
hiding it in an opaque box.

Dave's website is at:

http://w8fgu.home.comcast.net/w1encl.html

I appreciate Dave's effort to create what I think is a needed addition for the W1, and say thanks to him for creating a unit that I can take with me and my KX1 when traveling. Next stop for my KX1 and W1 - Dayton!

73,
Bill
K4DXU
KX1 # 702