Hi,

I hope I am not over looking anything the FAQ or the stream of mails
during the last several days. If not, this might be something for the
FAQ.

If I have understood correctly, the filters which one wants to use for
TX must be in the standard receiver and not in the KRX3 .

In my case that would mean that the FM bandwidth filter will end up in
the primary rx. I have also ordered the 6kHz filter, mainly for
SWLing. As far as other filters are concerned, I have not made any
final decision yet.

One idea that I have, is to set up one receiver as a general purpose
RX and trim the other RX for good contest performance.

Assuming, just for the sake of argument (without caring about how
sense this combination of filters actually makes), that the filters
are set up like this:

standard RX | KRX3
------------+----------
FM          | 2700 Hz
----        | 2100 Hz
6000 Hz     | 1800 Hz
2700 Hz     |  500 Hz
500  Hz     |  250 Hz

Will it be possible to have the KRX3  act as the primary RX during
contests while using the standard RX as the secondary, and vice versa
when not contesting? Among other things, I assume, this would mean the
tuning for the KRX3 and TX would be on the "big knob" and the tuning
for the secondary (standard) RX would be on the "small knob".

If so, would this entail any limitations and will this be transparent
for the OP (important after 30 or more hours of no sleep)?

vy 73 de toby

--
DD5FZ, 4N6FZ (ex dj7mgq, dg5mgq, dd5fz)
K2 #885, K2/100 #3248