Raymond,

It will make no difference whether the dot is up or down.
Look at the MAR-1 data sheet (www.minicircuits.com) and you will discover that both of the side terminals are ground connections.

The input and output connections are opposite each other with the 01 (and angled lead) at the input. As long as the input lead is positioned correctly, all other leads will fall into the correct places whether the 01 is oriented up or down.

73,
Don W3FPR

Raymond METZGER wrote:
To the Elecrafters !

I have succeeded today in aligning the K2 40 meters transmitter (page 75 of
the Manual) and I bought some time ago the N-Gen module to perform the
Receiver pre-alignment.

I have started assembling the N-Gen and I am in trouble concerning the way
U1 (MAR-1) has to be mounted. On one side of this IC, there is a marking (01
with a dot below the number). The other side has no marking. The assembly
manual (Rev C., Feb 3, 2004) explains how to identify the input lead and
where it should be soldered, but is not clear about my question.

Should the 01 marking be visible from the top or from the bottom side of the
board ? My understanding is that it should be visible from the bottom of the
PC.

Thanks for your help
Raymond METZGER