You forget that some people will buy a K2 because it's the only option out
there for someone who wants to experience building and testing a radio from
discrete parts. That's the reason I chose a K2 over a ready-built radio
that cost the same, or even less.

Julian, G4ILO

James Duffey wrote:

The conclusion one can draw is that there won't be many K2s sold for
exclusively home (base) use. The more options one puts on a K2, the less
value it presents. The market for those who want a low power consumption
rig must be close to saturated, or at least will be if lots of K2s hit the
market in anticipation of their owners moving up to a K3.

To me, the K2/100 seems doomed as the price differential, as you point out,
needless to mention the value, is clearly in the favor of the K3. And the
big advantage of the K2, low power consumption, doesn't really come into
play with these QRO rigs.