Cool. I'm getting close to finishing my W1 and putting it in a W8FGU enclosure. How do the KX1 power readings compare to the W1 readings?

73!

Dan KB6NU
CW Geek and MI Affiliated Club Coordinator
Read my ham radio blog at www.kb6nu.com
LET'S GET MORE KIDS INTO HAM RADIO!

On May 15, 2007, at 3:08 PM, Fred Jensen wrote:

I finished the W1 computing wattmeter, and put it in W8FGU's nifty polycarbonate enclosure. It was an easy build, some tidbits and links can be found at www.foothill.net/~andreaj/Ham45.htm

While fooling with the KX1 and BuddiPole on the deck on a balmy evening, I discovered that if I remove the tilt stand on Dave's enclosure [easy, it's fastened with velcro], a double male BNC will couple the wattmeter to the KX1 and the combination lays flat on the table. I can tune the BP with the W1, making it unnecessary to carry the antenna analyzer along on field expeditions. All in all, a nifty little arrangement.

73,

Fred K6DGW
- Northern California Contest Club
- CU in the 2007 CQP Oct 6-7
- www.cqp.org

PS: Enough BNC adapters and I could probably do something similar with my K2 :-)