I had the same problem winding the small cores on the SSB board. I was
careful but still saw some of the enamel come off the wire and decided to
leave it as is.

This should not be a problem unless two adjacent turns are scraped and
touch  to cause a shorted turn. Also be careful of the small cores
positioned close to the crystals on the SSB board. Do not allow the bare
wire to touch the crystal can which will cause a short circuit to ground,
use a small piece of tape as insulation if needed.

Hope this helps

73,
Bob Johansen WB2SRF

K2 S/N 5622