Hi Tom,

From "Practical Wire Antennas", by John D Heys, B3BDQ, page 33:  "The
W3EDP antenna, when examined (Fig 33), looks something like an end-fed
Zepp with a 68ft (20.7m) top and a 17ft (5.2m) feedline.  The feeder
is rather unusual in that the wires which make it up need not be
parallel."

I'd describe it as an 85 foot wire (a "68ft top and a 17ft feedline"),
and you either use/don't use a separate 17 foot wire as a
"counterpoise" (the other half of the feedline).  This "counterpoise"
wire is used on 40m, 20m, and 15m.  It is not used on 80m and 10m.

If you can give up 80m, you can make the antenna shorter.

Hope this is the information you were looking for.

73,
ed - k9ew