Thanks for the fabulous photos of the K1, I'm sure it
brings back fond memories for anyone that's put any of
the kits together. I was actually feeling kind of
bittersweet after completing my second K2, I had
already seen the first one come to life so there was
no big surprise there, and sadly the construction
was... finished!

I also think that (most) many of us have installed a
part the wrong way, clipped leads we should not have,
or otherwise lived our worst dreams of ruining the
whole deal. Then you call the guys and find that every
part in the world is available, that anything in the
kit will unsolder cleanly with patience, and that the
PCB's traces don't lift with a little heat.

After my fixes, I came away with a load of relief and
a "can do" attitude that money cannot buy.

That brought it's own set of challenges but that's a
story for another day. ;-)

Re: [Elecraft] KX1 build...so addictive!
from [Bob C.] [Permanent Link][Original]