Gary,

The wire sizes do vary from kit to kit. Most of the wire is #26, but the KSB2 uses some #28 for the toroids that are small and with many turns (where #26 will not fit). The KPA100 requires the higher current rating of larger wire for the LPF toroids, and the KAT100 uses an even larger wire.

Yes, you can use the spare wire, but be aware of those instances where a smaller or larger wire is required.

73,
Don W3FPR

Gary McKelvie wrote:
Hi to the list,

Just a quick question is the enamel wire, both the red and green the same wire used throughout all the kits/modules the same? I.E could I use any spare red or green from building the basic K2 in the KSB2 module or the 100w PA?

73 de Gary G7USC

Gary McKelvie
G7USC
Web : www.garym.org.uk