-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jack Smith
Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2007 11:34 AM
To: Bill W5WVO; 'Elecraft'
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] SDR UI

 On the Flex SDR-1000, for example, the ability to click on signals
spotted on the very high-resolution panoramic display is totally cool.

> But it's the concept that's cool, not the implementation. Does one
> necessarily require a computer and a mouse to implement this concept?
> Of course not. Just use some good engineering imagination! Perhaps the
> upcoming Elecraft K3 Panadapter will have this kind of functionality
> implemented in some really elegant way no one has even thought of
> yet.  :-)  I wouldn't b surprised.

This feature is already available to K2 users owning a Z90/91, in both
waterfall and normal panadapter mode. Put the mouse on the area and
click and the K2 is tuned to that frequency. With an optional "nearest 1
KHz" box, as the SSB operations seem to be channelized on 1 KHz raster
these days.

Jack K8ZOA
www.cliftonlaboratories.com, home of the Z90/91 panadapters and Z100 CW
tuning aid