1. Why didn't Elecraft hire a marketing consultant to
cost the K3 using prices ranging from $2499 to $8000?

Don't they know that:
 a.) A higher price adds to ownership status and
 b.) They'd still be competitive???
I am upset that I purchased a lower priced radio than
I can afford and Elecraft has some explaining to do.
How smart is that?

2. Would having a weak sister second receiver lower
your contest score as compared to competitors that
have 2 good ones?

3. Are the other manufacturers upset, enough so that
they might update their designs or would they start a
new marketing campaign or series of ads in QST for
their existing gear?

4. How many times is it acceptable for your contest
radio to lock up in a 24 hour period?

5. How often is it a satisfactory solution that
someone would do a "master reset" if their radio was
behaving oddly over a period of days or weeks.

6. How is it possible for K3 to be ready to operate in
seconds when the others need 20 times longer to
calibrate the DSP? Is my DSP running uncalibrated?

7. How can a radio that is announced just before
Dayton have a working model there (not one under
glass) and planned production units in a matter of
weeks after introduction?

Enquiring mindsÂ…