I'd just like to see an all band RF card available for the K1 for 160-15 at least. Maybe even thru 10 meters? Is the enough for an "l" shaped PCB for all band RF card? Mioght be possible with SMD stuff.

73,

Sandy W5TVW
----- Original Message ----- From: "Doug Person" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2007 7:56 PM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] SMT & Possible K1 Filter Board Combinations

Based on the apparent success of the K3, the future may hold many tantalizing prospects. Perhaps a similar SMT approach to the K1 might manifest itself as a K1A with full 80 (or even 160?) to 10 coverage. Personally, I would love to see a 5 or 10 watt multiband SSB and digital mode transceiver kit about the same size as the K1. But, there are many possibilities. I would imagine one of the big issues for Wayne and Eric is to carefully (and understandably) control the size and growth of their company.

73, Doug -- K0DXV

Robert Brown wrote:
Spoke with Lisa just before Dayton to place my order
for a K3/10 (from the second production run - wonder
when that one will close out?) and was thinking, now
that Elecraft has embraced SMT in its kits, would
there be any interest if Elecraft were to come out
with a 5 or 6 band board for the K1 - to include 80
meters?  One would think that a "plug and play" K1
filter board would be reasonably easy to support -
while extending the attractiveness of the K1 (which
KE6US has rightly noted, somehow still stands out).
Needless to say, possible K1 product changes are
probably one of the last things on the minds of Eric,
Wayne et al. at this particular time, but Elecraft's
embrace of SMT opens up some new (and previously
inconceivable) possibilities.  ;)

Bob Brown
N1CVX

K2 4663