Good Morning All,

A number of hams have ordered a SoftRock Lite kit for the K3 IF application. The SoftRock Lite for this use includes a 32.768 MHz crystal to give a center frequency of about 8.191 MHz. This would require that the soundcard used for the application sample at 96 kHz to span the K3 IF in a good way. The resulting IF frequency coverage would be from about 8.143 MHz to 8.239 MHz. There may be some design issues with the kit I am providing relating to the signal and Z level at the IF output of the K3.

This morning I built an example of the SoftRock Lite for the K3 IF use and as I type this I have it playing on this PC using the Rocky 3.2 software. This SoftRock example needs a better test than I can do with my limited test equipment. Is there someone on the list that already has a pre-production K3 and would be interested in evaluating the SoftRock for the K3 use. If so, I would be happy to send them this unit at no cost if they would give it a try, help work through any interface issues, and report their findings, (good or bad), to the list.

Please contact me at [EMAIL PROTECTED] if interested.

Thanks and 73,
Tony KB9YIG