-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, May 25, 2007 8:48 AM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft] K3 Bandscope

With all this discussion about panadaptors for the K3 - and even people
building SoftRock add-ons already, apparently - I have just one question.
Since the K3 is reported to have a built-in capability to receive
datamodes, which presumably includes some kind of waterfall display, could
this not be developed in some future firmware release to give a bandscope
type of display in other modes? I would be quite happy to toggle between
the sub-VFO display and a bandscope.

Since the datamodes capability is an aspect of the K3 I'm really keen on,
it would be nice to see a picture of the display with the radio receiving
some PSK31, just to see what it looks like. In fact, as one of the many who
was unable to go to Dayton, and whose first sight of a working K3 is likely
to be when the one I ordered has been completed, it would be great to see a
video like the one on YouTube, but of a K3 actually on the air, with
someone going through the controls and demonstrating things like how the
DSP works and the effect of the different roofing filters.

Julian, G4ILO
G4ILO's Shack: www.g4ilo.com