Which rig, Thom???

Ron AC7AC

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Thom LaCosta

THe good news is that my slinky, inside the house, with a set of
counterpoise
wires seems to work....not great, but I can reach out and touch folks.

The bad news is that the af gain control no longer does anything...audio is
running wide open...so I am in the Old Timer Mode...things are controlled by
the
RF gain.

How difficult is it to replace the control?  I don't see up close that well
and
have "the shakes"....but I'm willing to try.

I have visions of my neighbors, all of which seem to come from the mountains
and
carry ax handles not accepting that is is perfectly normal to listen to loud

beeps in the night.

Thom