Let me add my comments to those of HS0ZED's recent post and AB7R's
reply.  I know that there have already been tons of suggestions about
accessories for the K3 but here goes another one.

I have been using an Orion for some time now and am one of those lurking
on the Elecraft reflector and thinking that I might be ordering a K3 to
replace the Orion.  While playing around in the WPX this past weekend I
was reminded of how very useful the remote pod (their model #302) is in
contest situation or chasing DX or just normal operating.  This remote
pod (about 3.5" x 5") can easily be placed near the rig and seems to be
quite useful if placed on the left side of the PC keyboard with a paddle
to the right of the KB.  The pod contains a tuning knob which can be
used to tune either receiver or even the RIT, some function keys which
can be programmed to duplicate front panel functions such as RIT/XIT
clear, mode, message send, etc.  AND contains a keypad for direct band
changes.  Just one press will take you to a desired ham band.  It is
easier to use, I think, than reaching across the top of the KB to access
some of the more commonly used functions.

I personally do not find the K3's mechanisms for changing bands the most
desirable in a contest situation.  Just too many keystrokes.
Nonetheless I would not be dissuaded from ordering a K3 without a remote
pod the ability to add one would be more icing on the cake.  Some have
suggested that a full KB attachment to the K3 would be desirable.  I for
one would vote for the remote pod and would suggest that Elecraft
consider both with one or the other being plugged into the rear of the
K3 as a user desires.

Jerry  N8BM